Monday, March 17, 2003

Bad dreams

This morning, I had a nightmare where Josh died, but I knew that he was going to die. I believe this may be a result of watching "The Ring" with Pat on Friday night. In my nightmare, I was calling Josh, but someone I didn't know answered the phone and I was confused, asking if I had the right number. The man said, "Yes, this is Josh's phone number, but he died yesterday." So I pretend to be upset but I've already prepared myself for this event, and I ask who I should talk to about the funeral. The strange voice tells me to talk to a family friend, one I actually know, for details. In the next part of the dream, I was at the funeral, walking up to the casket, which was open, and as I walked closer, I saw more of the body, and as soon as I saw Josh's face, I broke down sobbing because I suppose I was hoping for it to be someone else. So as I'm sitting in my chair, I look up at the casket to see Josh wake up and get out of it, alive. I was so shocked, I woke up.

Now, Stacey says that when someone dies, according to Chinese superstition, you're supposed to break a chopstick (or a pair, I don't remember). I was wondering if I should do that, but the thing is, Josh came back to life at the end of the nightmare, so I'm really confused.

No comments: