Sunday, June 22, 2003

You try to pickpocket me!

Welcome back. San Francisco was beautiful, except for the homeless people who made walking down the street like running the gauntlet as they stuck their change cups into your face. My last day in San Fran made it easier to come home and miss the city less.

Some ugly little FOB guy accused me of pickpocketing him because one of the five chains he had attached to his wallet punk-style (along with his excessively long haired punk style) got caught on one of the buckles of my bag. I shrugged it off and kept walking and the guy grabbed my arm and accused me of pickpocketing him. (What sane pickpocket would try to take a wallet with five chains attached to it anyways???) I shouted, "You got caught on my bag!" twice, but the only response I got from him was "You try to pickpocket me" as he waved his wallet in my face and "You be careful!!!" as though he was going to spring some kung fu action on me. I think his English wasn't quite up to par as he may not have understood the words "Got caught on my bag".

Of course, I made a mad dash to Barnes and Noble at 10:30 so I could purchase Harry Potter. I thought it wouldn't be so bad trying to get it as the store would be closing in half an hour, but whaddaya know? There was a huge line because people were still trying to get it. I got my copy though :)

No comments: