Wednesday, November 05, 2003

Cashing in at the Conk

The Member-Staff Outing took place yesterday. Of course, I couldn't go out to play golf because I had work to do (not like I wanted to go out in the rain anyways). The office tyrant wanted me to go out, but I was wearing heels and had no coat (she told me to go buy one - yeah right). I didn't think the maintenance crew would be too happy about my every step in heels creating divots.

A member bought me a sweater. He told me, "Go pick one out for a Christmas present," in his Irish accent. There's nothing like an accent from the U.K.

I was allowed to join the reception afterward, where they were giving out door prizes. I said, "I hate sitting around for these things because I never win and I waste my time." The club manager read the first number and it was me! I won 4 Nets tickets, 14 rows back from courtside at half court! Unfortunately, I don't know if I'll be able to go. But hey, I got $600 worth of basketball tickets and free parking.

No comments: