Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Love Actually

I finally got my copy of "Love Actually" yesterday! I love this movie, which has been called the "ultimate romantic comedy." Surprisingly, even guys like it too. However, one man I work with saw it and said he didn't understand the nudity. (If you've seen the movie, you know what he's talking about) When he said that, I think I got really smart all of a sudden (think Will Ferrell style in the debate portion of "Old School") and said, "No, it's not so irrelevant. Many people today go through the motions of a relationship to have sex, but those two in the movie went through the motions of sex and came out with a relationship."

I was amazed with myself because I didn't know what I could say to defend my beloved movie to this man's question until I was struck with comprehension as I was about to open my mouth and say, "Shut up Mike, I loved the movie, so bugger off."

No comments: