Friday, October 08, 2004

Duds

Recently, I had a friend, let's call him/her "X", say that they were going to visit during the weekend. Me being me, I wanted to clean up my apartment before the arrival (otherwise, the mess would stay until it grew legs and was able to walk out by itself).

Two hours of cleaning go by and a phone call comes around 8:00. Guess what? X's not coming because it's too late and X has to go to work tomorrow. Why doesn't that surprise me (even though I'm mad)? Considering that particular friend's track record, X is performing on par, doing what's best for X and if friends are screwed along the way, it's okay as long as X gets what X wants in the end. Consideration of others (other than perhaps a signficant other) is not an option.

A good friend, no?

Can any of you guess who this dud is?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know! I know!

But of course, I've often had occasion to think s/he is/was a dud :p