Sunday, October 10, 2004

Fortuitous circumstances

Yesterday, I studied all day in the library, and around 6:00, I couldn't go on any longer without food that wasn't 95% sugar. I think I give myself diabetes when I study in the library. Yesterday it was KitKats and today it was crispy M&Ms (one bag was stale though). Josh and I decided to have steak at this rather good find downtown. We had an appetizer of warm potato, black olive, and goat cheese salad followed by a hanger steak with shallot sauce, side salad, and a huge pile of the best fries I've ever had. Josh had a pork tenderloin with garlic mashed potatoes, also extremely delicious. The bill came to $36.00. Wow.

I realized after we left the restaurant that they rang our bill up incorrectly. They gave me an entree that was $14.95 as opposed to my $16.95 and didn't charge us for the appetizer. Whoops.

Today, we went to Century 21 so Josh could buy a coffee maker for himself. I guess it's a long overdue purchase. Since he bought a coffee maker, we figured he'd need coffee to use it, so we quickly made our way over to Dunkin Donuts before it closed. We got coffee, but I also succumbed to the temptation of munchkins because they had the jelly ones there. I asked for 25, but the Dunkin Donut guy said that they were going to close soon, so he'd give us everything. I think I got more than 50 munchkins and then he asked us if we wanted any donuts or muffins because he'd be throwing them out anyways. We left the store with a dozen donuts too. I only asked for a couple sugared donuts, but he crammed in a lot more.

Now I know when to buy donuts!

No comments: