Sunday, July 10, 2005

The potato: the king of vegetables


Mmm...deliciousness in a paper cone. Posted by Picasa

After Josh finally woke up (at 2:30 p.m.), we went out to Pommes Frites. Unfortunately, I gave in to my hunger an hour beforehand, so I had a sandwich and could not fully appreciate my fries.
Pommes Frites is a hole-in-the-wall kind of eatery, but it's still great. The tables and counters have perfectly sized holes cut into them so you don't have to hold your paper cone while working at your fries. The picture shows a regular sized portion of fries, which is more than enough to make a meal. One sauce comes with an order of the fries, which are delicious on their own. Josh and I had five sauces: curry ketchup, rosemary-garlic mayo, roasted garlic mayo, war sauce (European mayo, onions, and peanut satay sauce), and mango-chutney.

I didn't think I'd like having mayo on my fries, but it's not too bad! I'm glad I tried it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"King of Vegetables"
Is that a reference to "Yam: King of foods" ala "Things fall apart"?

Dora said...

Nope, I've actually never read "Things Fall Apart."