Thursday, November 03, 2005

The most trivial of pursuits

Before our Wallace and Gromit viewing, we had to wait for all the guests to arrive last Sunday. We passed the time by playing the 90s edition of Trivial Pursuit.

My team got a question asking which Middle Eastern dignitary's death was attended by Clinton, Bush, Ford, and Carter. I was thinking of Israel's Yitzhak Rabin, although I didn't remember his name at the time. Somehow, my teammates and I came up with the name "Israel Sharon."

The guys said, "You combined Israel, a country, with Sharon, who's still alive."

Eh, our team won in the end anyways.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated on my birthday. That was not a good birthday year :p

Anonymous said...

actually, we knew sharon with certainty... we just yelled out israel in panic when pushed for a first name!