Thursday, November 10, 2005

My ice cream saga

When I was younger, I loved Häagen Dazs's "Caramel Cone Explosion." It was this delicious caramel flavored ice cream with caramel swirls and big pieces of chocolate dipped sugar cone. It was incredibly yummy.

And then I was saddened when they discontinued the flavor. They created Dulce de Leche soon afterward, but it wasn't as good without the chocolate dipped sugar cone pieces. Why did Häagen Dazs have to mess with something that was already great?

I was pleasantly surprised when Häagen Dazs released Caramel Cone and I found it at my local CVS. It was just as I remembered Caramel Cone Explosion. Josh and I were in the same CVS a couple days later, when I was down to half a pint. I asked Josh if he thought I should get another pint and he told me it was ridiculous because I still had some.

It figures that CVS had a sale on ice cream and Caramel Cone was wiped out. It wasn't even among the flavors when the case was restocked. Every time I went to CVS, I walked to the case, hoping that it would be there, but was disappointed for almost 2 months.

Lo and behold! I went to CVS the other day and there was a whole row of Caramel Cone! Guess who bought three pints? I told Josh not to touch them because of their rarity. He usually doesn't like my ice cream flavors anyway. He's more of a mint chocolate cookies and cream cookie dough kind of guy.

But he was a jerk this evening and opened up a new pint despite my wishes to ration out the BEST ICE CREAM FLAVOR EVER. Then he called me a bitch for not letting him have the pint.

I wonder sometimes if he's eating my ice cream because he knows it bothers me or because he actually likes it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOu have GOT to check out the Dreamery stuff. I like New York Strawberry Cheesecake personally, but you might like Caramel Toffee Bar Heaven, Cashew Praline Parfait, Coney Island Waffle Cone...

http://www.coolbrandsinc.com/brands/dreamery/pints/index.html