Friday, March 02, 2007

No loitering

Yesterday morning, I was puttering around my bedroom before leaving for work when I looked out the window to see a teenaged boy outside our building on the sidewalk. He was leaning against the car parked at the curb, just standing. Every time I was by the window for the next 15 minutes, I checked to see if he was still there, and he was, staring at our building. I started to feel creeped out.

Then the weirdest thing happened. He reached inside his coat by his neck and pulled out a wriggling white rat. He held it, letting it crawl back and forth between his hands and then put the rat back into his coat on his shoulder, where the little fellow did a few laps around his neck. He took the rat out a couple more times after that, and the next time I looked out the window, he was gone.

Josh never saw the rat, but he said he locked the front door quite firmly when he left before me.

No comments: