Saturday, April 28, 2007

Manday 2007

Today was the first day of the NFL Draft, a very important day to manly men. After all, who the hell would sit around for several hours on a nice day to wait for teams to pick their next overpriced rookie who might not even pan out in the long run? Josh describes draft day as "the most important day next to Election Day."

Most important day or not, there was a lot of food involved. We made the usual ribs, lasagna, and sweet chex mix/trash. We also tried out a number of new recipes. From Ina Garten, I made chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter frosting and a brown rice with tomato and basil salad and Josh made a big expensive seafood salad. I also made Giada de Laurentiis' artichoke pesto for an appetizer. Yesterday, we did a lot of prep. Josh put the dry rub on the ribs while I assembled the lasagna, made chex mix, and baked the cupcakes. Considering Josh would have to be more of a host, he went to bed after cleaning the apartment while I baked until 3:30 in the morning.

We woke up at 9 today to start cooking again, but once the guests showed up, the cooking was left to me. I didn't get a break until the guys left for football in Prospect Park and I got a little nap. After some of the party left, the remainder played poker, and Josh won $40, which almost covers the cost of that seafood salad.

No comments: