Monday, April 16, 2007

A visit and some rain

Annette visited me this weekend! I'd been looking forward to her visit for such a long time, as I've visited her a few times. She came in on Friday and saw my office and picked up a ton o' books from the grand take-shelf tour. After work, the grand food tour began, as I took her to the places I've told her about. We indulged in steak frites at Les Halles. We had dim sum at the restaurant where I saw Mario Batali, picked up buns and iced milk-teas, went to Grand Central Market, and had Austrian comfort food at Cafe Steinhof. And on Sunday, we had bagels and then slogged through the storm back to Manhattan so she could go home.

And now it's still raining.

2 comments:

ASLEvans said...

And it was SO FUN AND YUMMY! Thank you for a lovely visit, complete with a kitty to sleep at my feet at night :)

Dora said...

You're welcome anytime!!