Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Zoom zoom

Yesterday, I asked my coworker to explain how to make sure a golf cart was ready to go, since I haven't driven one since last year with an experienced person in the cart. I didn't want to be the silly girl who can't figure out how to use a golf cart.

Turns out that cannot be avoided as I heeded my coworker's most important advice, "Don't push too hard on the pedal because you don't want to rocket out of there." I gradually pushed down on the pedal only to find that nothing was happening. I'm sure the outside operations guys got a kick out of the confused expression on my face as I kept pushing the pedal farther down. I wound up pretty much flooring the stupid cart to get it to start moving at a snail's pace.

And then I went off at a blazing 5 miles an hour to walk the head golf pro's dog.

No comments: