Sunday, July 30, 2006

Housewarming



As you can see, the kitties have settled into their new home. Then enjoy watching the morning rush hour from the bedroom window and watching Brooklyn wildlife (i.e. squirrels or the landlord's dog) from the back windows. It only took Morty a few hours to adjust to the new apartment, while Eli needed a couple days before he came out from behind the couch. As I am typing this post, the kitties are galloping along the length of the apartment so noisily that I wonder if my downstairs neighbor can hear them.



On Saturday, I had a mini housewarming breakfast. Of course, this breakfast consisted of nothing but cinnamon buns. I made the dough and rolled them out on Friday night. You can see the buns pre-rise in the picture above. Amber, Jennie, Julie, and Jeff enjoyed the buns to the fullest, even though Jennie freakishly didn't want much frosting on hers. This was the third time I've made these buns and I have to say, I've come a long way since my first batch. Compare the post-rise pictures of the latest batch and my first batch:



What a difference a little practice makes!

In addition the the cinnamon buns, I made a couple other things this weekend. Today, I made chicken stew topped with parsley biscuits and a batch of my famous chocolate chip cookies. The cookies are going with me to work tomorrow. After all, I have to live up to my reputation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what else do you need besides cinnamon buns? covers all the major food groups in my book. they were delicious. thanks for having us over!!

glad the kitties are enjoying brooklyn!

Anonymous said...

dora, Jennie JUST gave me my cookie. It was all crushed from being in the bottom of her bag for 2 days. She is really quite useless I think.

delicious as always!!!!!

Dora said...

You're very welcome for the cinnamon buns and cookie!

Jennifer said...

Why don't you put up some recipes?! The food you are making looks amazing, i'd really like to learn how to make them... you should put up the recipes. :(!