Sunday, July 02, 2006

Pot luck pizza



I went out to Brooklyn today to visit Jennie and her sister Julie. Since they were making the pizza for dinner, I made dessert - blueberry almond cookies. They turn out more like little muffin tops than a conventional cookie. Julie made mini pizzas for each of us and we topped them as we liked, which was better since Jennie is so picky. I bet she was picking the basil out of my pizza when I made it last year.

I love Jennie and Julie's apartment. It's so nice and homey. Yet again, I did not settle into my current apartment of two years because shortly after the first year, I knew I'd be moving the next year, so I didn't bother settling in more. Hopefully, my next apartment will be homier. I think bookcases will definitely help.

While chatting after dinner, a thunderstorm moved over the area and we could see lightning bolts in the distance. Suddenly, lightning cracked right above us and scared the crap out of everyone. Woo! Later, I was on the F train and when it was above ground, I was able to see several lightning strikes on the horizon. It's not really something I get to see very much, having lived in Manhattan for a couple years.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! thanks for visiting! The blueberry almond cookies were sooo good--and the ones you left with us were gone within a very few hours.

I think it just takes time to make a house feel homey--we've been here 2 yrs (3 for jennie) and it's just beginning to feel really homey. And also there's something about brooklyn for hominess. it just is. i'm sure your new apt will be very very faboo.

Anonymous said...

why does blogger keep eating my comments? grrrr...it appears, but doesn't show up on the main page.

ah, quirky, quirky blogger. you try our patience.