Saturday, December 30, 2006

Finally!

Boss B gave me a lovely gift card to Williams-Sonoma (yet more cooking gifts), so I decided to buy something I've been eyeing for the longest time. It's one of those things that I would never buy out of my own money because it's extravagant and it's not necessary to spend that much money on that type of item.

Here they are:


Yes, they're measuring cups and spoons, but they're not just any measuring cups/spoons. They're ALL-CLAD measuring cups/spoons! The cups look like miniature All-Clad pots! It's so incredibly cute and I'm figuring that these are the only measuring cups that could put a dent into an intruder's skull.

So I finally caved and got measuring cups. The spoons were a bonus, and I've now got 4 sets of measuring spoons. I guess I could toss the flimsy old metal ones as the increment impressions have worn away. My other set is the Williams-Sonoma narrow measuring spoons which fit into spice jars easily. They're awesome. I actually did not have dry measuring cups until I got this set. It's quite shocking, considering all the baking I do. I always figured that I was doing okay with the Pyrex measuring cups (which are really meant for liquids), and didn't have to buy dry measuring cups. I figured I'd register for them some day.

Thanks to Boss B, I don't have to wait for my unnecessarily fancy measuring cups! I've already used them for two recipes and they really do make the process a lot easier. I'm sure I'll be able to churn out 1000 cookies next Christmas, no problem!

No comments: