Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year's Roundup

Going back to work today was awful after having over a week off. I really appreciated that time though, and used it to relax, see my family, go shopping, and just decompress (just in time for the new year).

This past Saturday, my brother came into Manhattan so Josh and I, along with some of our Brooklyn cousins, went out to meet him. Unfortunately, someone wanted to go to the Jekyll and Hyde Club. We had gone when we were a lot younger and it was fun then, but when you're over 12, the amusement factor decreases exponentially. The food is really expensive for your standard Applebee's type cuisine and they charge an extra $2.50 per person as an "entertainment charge." They're also pretty sneaky as they don't make their menu prices available on their website or on Menupages. If it weren't for the excellent company, I would've chalked the whole day up as a waste.

We all walked to Rockefeller Center to view the tree and take pictures like tourists, laughing as we got lost in the crowds and accidentally walked into the Radio City ticketholder jam. We didn't have any plans and wandered aimlessly in the area. The low point occurred when the idea of going to a Best Buy to play Guitar Hero 2 came up.

That night, I made a blueberry cake for Dave's NYE party. It was a hastily-planned affair, and everyone was supposed to bring something for dinner. Josh and I brought the only ready-to-go dish, my turkey lasagna, which Josh finally helped cook. Unfortunately, we made the lasagna at his parents' house the day of the party, and his mother kept comments like, "You don't shred the mozzarella? You use 9 noodles? I use 12. You don't use spices in your sauce? Aren't you going to put the ricotta on first?" I wanted to run away and Josh kept saying, "There's more than one way to make a lasagna, Mom."

The NYE party lasted until 4 a.m. I was bored for the last few hours when the guys were just playing XBox. At least Marc was there to provide instant piano music and "The Ballad of Dave." I wish I'd had a tape recorder that night.

Happy new year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, it's just happened that we have the same first and last name and i just come over to say hi! :)

Anonymous said...

ooops, my blog: dorablahblah.blogspot.com