Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Squeaky Wheel

Josh bought me a gift card to Bliss for Christmas. He tried paying for overnight shipping, but it was taking forever, and it turns out they'd never shipped it. I canceled the order, figuring that we could save the $30 shipping fee and pick up a gift card in person. Then Josh made another order to surprise me, replacing the first. Late last week, the first order arrived, showing that the order was never cancelled and that if I didn't call soon enough and get someone who knew what they were doing, we'd wind up with a second non-returnable gift card. I checked Josh's credit card and it showed that there were three charges! I called right away to complain and when I got to a supervisor, he apologized, explaining that the statement was showing the temporary authorizations. He canceled the second order for me and then offered to send me free Bliss stuff for my trouble!

He wound up comping me the head-to-toe spa in a box, which actually costs $175. It arrived at my office today in a big blue box, less than a week after I complained! Josh says I really made out this year for Christmas: All-Clad roasting pan, Bliss gift card, and a box o' Bliss stuff. I can't wait to make my appointment!

No comments: