Thursday, August 02, 2007

My shoes go out!



So the whole reason I bought my new red shoes was so I could have appropriate summer footwear for going on a plant tour, lest I lose some toes in a tragic printing press accident. I was a little scatterbrained the morning of my departure though, as Josh is away visiting relatives (he's been gone practically a month with all his vacations) and the cats needed to be prepped for a couple days without supervision. A car service came to pick me up and as I was about to walk out, I remembered to fill the cats' water fountain. Whoops! That could've been really bad.

We had a good trip out to PA and when we checked in, I found out I was staying in one of their deluxe rooms because they were absolutely packed. My boss got the super deluxe room. It's okay; I roughed it in my gigantic room with the gas fireplace and jacuzzi tub. After a three-hour car ride, it was heaven to walk into this quiet, beautiful, air-conditioned room with relaxing classical music playing subtly from the nightstand. The picture really doesn't do it justice. I felt so bad that I was enjoying myself so much with gourmet food prepared by a local celebrity and lovely accommodations while Josh was sweating it out in Florida at his grandmother's place. His grandmother does not believe in using the air conditioning. I don't even want to imagine what it's like.

When I got home, the apartment was the warmest it's been all year, and the cats were stretched out on the floor to their longest extension, as though they had melted. Air conditioning on!

No comments: