Friday, July 25, 2008

SF: Day 6



When we first visited SF a few years ago, we didn't get a chance to visit Golden Gate Park, so this time around, it was a priority on our list. However, it took forever for a bus to come, and when one did, it was too full to even stop, so we wound up waiting for Jessica to get to the condo so we could all drive there. At that point, I was really missing my NYC subways. The park is huge, and we spent a lot of time at the Japanese Tea Garden because a lot of the other sites were closed.




Our last dinner in San Francisco came from a recommendation we got at the farmer's market. Actually, the craft market outside of the farmer's market. We were buying some photographs and the vendor told us about this non-touristy steakhouse that we had to try.



So Jessica, Janet, Josh, and I went off to Izzy's Steaks and Chops, located (appropriately) in the Cow Hollow neighborhood. It's a fun, casual place, definitely not one for hushed voices and dinner jackets. I went with the filet mignon medallions au poivre in a pepper cream sauce. The steaks come with two choices for sides and I went with Izzy's Own Potatoes (potatoes au gratin), and felt guilty about the unhealthiness of my meal, so I went with steamed broccoli as my second. Josh went balls to the wall and got the bone-in ribeye. Unlike me, he didn't care about the guilt factor of the meal, and went with Izzy's potatoes and the creamed spinach.

The steak was fantastic, and those potatoes were divine; I wished there were more. Josh was determined to finish his huge steak, and he did it. However, our plans to visit Crepes-A-Go-Go were thwarted by our overly full tummies.

No comments: