Thursday, April 01, 2004

Crash

I think I've just been disowned.

My father was being so unhelpful with my financial aid requirements. He told me to give me my forms and he'd send the out in the mail with the copy of his tax forms. I asked him why he didn't want me to see them, and he tells me that it's not me, it's the "other people" who'll see them.

What other people? Does he think I'm going to put them on the internet and show them to the world? What does he have to hide? Maybe he's afraid Josh will see them, but what would happen if he saw them? I just love the way he assumes the worst about me. My parents don't know me at all.

In the end, the conversation degraded into an argument with them yelling about my attitude - again. Apparently, they think I think they're dead. Again, they're assuming the worst, painting me uglier than I actually am. I think it's so they'll feel better about themselves when they tell the rest of the family about how I'm a horrible daughter.

They weren't even happy for me when I told them I got into law school and had decided to go! Josh's mother was happier for me than the two of them combined. It makes me sick. I feel so disgusted because my father isn't even a decent human being.

The more I think about it, being disowned from my parents doesn't feel much different than before. I'll take care of myself and I'll make my graduate education possible on my own.

No comments: