Friday, August 27, 2004

Exploding toilets

I had class at 9:00 this morning for Contracts. When I got there, the school was a disaster area. Apparently, there was a "leak." However, when I walked in the entire floor was wet and they were still vacuuming it up. The air conditioning was also broken and our class was moved from the third floor to the first floor reading room where there weren't enough seats.

During our class, the fire alarm went off intermittently, the law school supplied us with mini water bottles, and one fan for 138 people. We melted and began dreading our second class of the day considering it was supposed to be 9 floors up and still no air conditioning. Our professor realized that we were too hot and too distracted by the fire alarm to continue and ended the class 15 minutes early. At that time, we were informed that our second class would be held in the same room again, so we didn't have to move.

During our break in between classes, my tablemates and I talked about various things, like our classes and the toilets that started geysering as one of us had just finished doing her business. We said, "The bathroom is a lawsuit waiting to happen!" I stepped out a moment later to get some fresh air and saw the dean of the law school talking with the maintenance guys. As I was walking by, the dean said sorry to me. I just remember how we never saw the president of Rutgers when we were in school.

At the start of our second class, we found out that the other first year section was trapped on the 9th floor because the elevators weren't working. The air conditioning started working while we were taking our grammar and punctuation test, which improved our moods until we marked our tests and found out that a good deal of us who thought we were good at grammar need a little help.

The dean got us pizza and soda after class becase he felt that we deserved it. The line was too long, so Josh and I just went to our lockers, picked up our stuff, and left.

Pizza for lunch on Friday and lockers.... Thousands of dollars spent, and I'm back in high school

No comments: