Friday, December 10, 2004

F for presentation


Rockefeller Center Posted by Hello

I can say that Contracts was the hardest exam I've ever taken. I wrote my hand off for my short answers and essay. I kept track of the time wrong because I so wisely chose a seat that was in the worst angle for viewing the clock. I thought I had ten more minutes to write than I actually did, so let's say that my last point about equitable remedies was a teensy bit sloppy. After that mind numbing hour and 45 minutes, we had another 75 minutes of the most diabolical, sadistic set of multiple choice questions our contracts professor could have written. I can say that I got 2 of the 25 correct definitely though! After the grueling exam, many of us had a quick word about the test, and the consensus is that we all failed.

The one valuable thing I learned from my Legal Writing class was the importance of separating the exam from the next exam's preparation because your brain can't handle it. I wholeheartedly agree with taking a break! So after lunch, it was time for a nap and then going out to see the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center, followed by cupcakes from Billy's Bakery, and homemade pesto chicken and pasta for dinner. Even though it was raining, it was a great evening because I finished my Contracts exam and didn't get a zero!

On a side note, Billy's Bakery is awesome. Once you walk in the door, your senses are overwhelmed with the sights and smells of this old-fashioned style bakery. Everything looked so good - not fancy like expensive pastry, but good in a sweet, cozy way, and tonight was a night I definitely needed that feeling. I like it more than Magnolia because it's easier to get to and isn't crowded. I got another half dozen super cupcakes, but I swear, it's the last time because I'm going to make a buttload of them when finals are over!

Perhaps for my indefinite New Year's party.

No comments: