Sunday, December 05, 2004

Sugar bomb


Ducky and his matching cupcake sitting on my contracts textbook Posted by Hello

I went to Magnolia this morning for a wakeup walk. I've heard so much about this bakery by word of mouth and watching "Sex and the City." I got up extra early so I could arrive when it opened (I'd been warned about a line out the door).

I wound up getting lost in the West Village because the streets don't go in number order all the time. After some blundering, I made it there. As I waited, a crowd quickly gathered, also waiting to swoop in and buy some of the most expensive cupcakes I have ever encountered ($1.75). The frosting is PERFECT. I had never seen people go insane over cupcakes like the customers at Magnolia. I think it was nice to experience the bakery, but I won't make another trip to the Village solely to buy cupcakes. I've also got the recipe for the cupcakes, so I'll make them myself next time.

Diabetes, here I come.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have the recipe for those cupcakes? Would you mind sending it to me? I'm in Chicago and can't make a Magnola run!