Monday, April 24, 2006

Crafty Dora



Last week, Jennie and I went to Purl Soho so I could replace the knitting needles Morty (see above) gnawed on. Due to the gnawing, the yarn would snag whenever I made a stitch. Purl is such a pretty little store with cubbies full of beautiful yarns. I should let the reader know that I can only make scarves in the simplest, most basic stitch that all beginners learn on.

I went back today to pick up a skein of yarn once I got back into my knitting this past weekend. I picked up a lovely skein of Alchemy Haiku yarn to make an airy scarf from Joelle Hoverson's book, Last Minute Knitted Gifts (Joelle actually owns Purl). However, I've never knitted from a pattern, so the helpful employees of Purl helped me understand the instructions and taught me how to do a yarn-over.

When I came home, I practiced my new skills on my leftover yarn. Morty likes to steal the yarn ball like a stereotypical cat and tends to curl up next to me after he's done playing. I gave him the finished practice piece to snuggle with like Mooch with his little pink sock.

Hopefully I don't screw this up. This ain't cheap yarn anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morty is so cute with his little pillow.