Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ye Olde Hometowne

And here's a post coming to you from central NJ!

I left NYC early yesterday because the company announced they would close early at 3:00. When we received that announcement at 1:30, I was sitting at my desk, preparing to send a hardcover book off for paperback conversion. I was looking through the pages, perhaps a bit too carefully, and it looked like I was reading the book. Boss P came out and said, "Since you look like you have nothing to do, you should go home now. I'm kicking you out." Whew! When he said it looked like I had nothing to do, I thought he was going to come up with some busywork for me. Then Boss B came out, telling me to leave as well.

You know what? I've been told to go home early 3 times this week, only to be thwarted by package duty (putting out packages at the end of the day).

Since coming home, I have gone to the supermarket twice (A&P and Acme), skipping Wegman's, apparently the greatest supermarket EVER. I have also baked two batches of my "famous" chocolate chip cookies (a.k.a. the ones my co-workers think I put crack in), one with semi-sweet morsels and one (at my brother's request) with milk chocolate/caramel morsels. I think my family ate a bunch of them though because it feels like there aren't that many cookies.

Well, today I'm off to my cousin's house with crack-laden cookies and a deck of Uno cards (have no idea why I have this urge to play Uno)!

No comments: