Monday, June 05, 2006

Cheapo

I'm really cheap sometimes. Of course, my cheapness serves as rationalization for the other junk I waste my money on. I like to have my hands manicured and my feet pedicured (esp. during the summer, what with my wearing the forbidden flip-flops to work and all). However, I discovered that keeping my fingers in my beloved french manicure is like pissing money away. I type a lot, cook, wash dishes, etc. In short, I'm not a pampered wealthy housewife who uses her manicured finger to point at stuff that needs to be done so her household staff can serve her.

Surprisingly, pedicures last longer, so I get those during the summer. In order to rationalize that cost, I do my own french manicures. I've been slacking a bit since moving to NY; law school tended to take up a lot of my free time, and when I got my publishing job, it wasn't necessary to look nice. It's not like I was working at the golf club anymore, greeting members as soon as they walked into the clubhouse.

Anyways, today I purchased Seche Vite, the best top coat ever. I've seen it in magazines, but never believed what they said since many products have failed to deliver, like SolarSpeed Spray, which is supposed to dry your polish with one spritz. Anyways, Seche Vite is supposed to dry all the layers of your manicure within a couple minutes, but I found it didn't even take that long. It was amazing and this product has my thumbs-up seal of approval!

No comments: