Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Move along now, nothing to see

It's been depressingly overcast the past few days here. Although I don't have a window office, I can see through office doors and see the grayish light outside. For most of the day, I've been feeling sluggish, wishing to be tucked in bed with a book and a kitty, but I just realized that the light looks an awful lot like the late afternoon light we see starting in late autumn. Unlike some people, I hate the summer. Give me spring, autumn, or winter any other day. The summer season has nothing to recommend itself to me.

Nothing beats a crisp fall morning. I don't get the same feeling I used to when I was leaving my apartment in NJ for work at the golf club, but somewhere in the city's dirty air, there's a bite that wakes you up. Eventually the bite will turn into a constant gnawing that makes you run for the nearest subway station, but until then, I'm content to enjoy my morning walk.

I can't wait for autumn!

No comments: