Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Piece of cake!



I made a sour cream coffee cake on Sunday. It had streusel inside and on the top, as well as a maple syrup flavored glaze drizzle. I gave Josh one piece since he's my guinea pig (it was a new recipe) and he gave it an enthusiastic double thumbs-up.

At work the next day, the cake was devoured in about an hour, probably the fastest any of my baked goods has disappeared. Today, one of the managers was saying that he felt bad I spent money on ingredients and the department enjoyed the results. I kept trying to refuse the money, but I caved so he'd stop and said he could give me $5. Another manager proposed a baking fund jar, but someone smartly pointed out that I'd wind up feeling obligated to deliver baked goods regularly.

It's just a hobby!

1 comment:

Dora said...

Since this is more of a book thing, I've posted my reply on my reading blog.