Sunday, September 17, 2006

Cats in trees



We got a new cat tree for Morty and Eli. Since rearranging the furniture in the bedroom, the kitties no longer have a perch to watch rush hour traffic. To spare them the torment of having to stand on their hindpaws to look out the window, we moved the cat tree we had by the backyard window to the bedroom. It worked out quite well. However, Eli would stand by the backyard window and meow pitifully about how he couldn't look out the window in comfort as well.

Of course, the only solution was to buy another cat tree, which we did yesterday after brunch at Blue Water Grill. We put the old cat tree in its old position and the new one went by the front window, where Morty promptly monopolized it for his personal lounging (see picture above).

Eventually, with some force from Josh, Eli was shown that he was also allowed in the new cat tree. How much of him actually winds up in the cat tree depends on how much Morty decides to spread out though. You can see how Eli oozes over the side of the bed. I jokingly call the bed a roasting pan because Eli's nickname is Wheatloaf (something to do with him being Eli-Weli and feeling like a little meatloaf when you hold him). You know, there's a Wheatloaf in the pan. Whatever. They're spoiled rotten.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky kitties!!

I didn't see you before you left work today, so I didn't get a chance to say:

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!

I hope you see this. But who will I have Friday donut with? Sniff. sniff.

Blogger is being funny and won't let me comment as me. Is it because you've switched to Beta?

Anyway, this is me, JENNIE. :)

Dora said...

Thanks! Yeah, I think it's because I switched to Beta.

Peihan said...

Now I have the weirdest desire to hold and squeeze a large meatloaf.

Dora said...

At least a real meatloaf won't try to scratch you if it wants you to stop squeezing it?