Monday, September 11, 2006

Fashion Show



Yesterday, my mom invited me to go to a fashion show with her. She does sample and pattern making on a freelance basis to designers. Last season, she was working at Cynthia Steffe and was surprised to find out that she was allowed to go to the fashion show. Unfortunately, she didn't know that she could take me with her, so I said I really wanted to go next season.

When I got into the tent at Bryant Park, it was hard not to gawk and try to recognize famous people. At first, we were standing at the side, behind all the chairs because we were important enough to warrant seats, but the organizers let us fill in seats later. It turns out that there was someone famous at the show and the guy next to me guessed that it was Emilie de Ravin of Lost. Since I don't watch Lost, I couldn't confirm, but Amber saw my pictures and she says it's "Annoying Claire from Lost.

The fashion show was great and lasted only 10 minutes. The music was boomingly loud, making the entire room vibrate. It was just like on TV! I'm such a dork.

No comments: