Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Booties for Boots

Have you ever had a problem wearing socks in half-calf boots? I find that with walking, the socks slip down and the tops of the boots wind up rubbing my skin raw. So I wore my new boots for the second time yesterday. The first time, I went out with Josh and did a lot of walking and paid the price. So when I got to work yesterday morning, the thick knee-high socks I was wearing had already slipped down.

Then an idea popped into my head. It seemed so simple. Just fold the socks over the tops of the boots, creating a cuff! So I tested this idea all day, and I can say it worked very well. However, it probably won't work well if you're using crappy old socks with worn out elastic.

This is stupid stuff that I think about, but yay, I can wear boots without pain now!

No comments: