Monday, October 02, 2006

Le Gamin Soho



A few weeks ago, Josh met his fellow NYC Fellows in the West Village for drinks. I was out shopping and finished early, so I joined them. On the way there, my nose picked up on this most delicious scent. To my delight, it was a rotisserie that was stationed outside of a little French restaurant called Le Gamin. Ever since I watched the Barefoot in Paris special, where Ina Garten showed the viewer the Paris street market, I've wanted to try French rotisserie chicken. Ina pointed out this street vendor who sold freshly roasted chickens out of a rotisserie, where chickens roasted and the chicken drippings dribbled down onto huge trays of potatoes which roasted in those juices. This picture shows that cooking method, but in a huger scale.

Josh and I finally went to Le Gamin Soho tonight and the aromas definitely lived up to the actual food. We each had half of a rotisserie chicken for $9 each and it was the best roast chicken I've ever had. It was incredibly flavorful and juicy. Incredible! Because I'd just had roasted thyme potatoes the night before at home, we didn't get the rotisserie potatoes, but we'll definitely try them next time! We also got a half pitcher of white sangria to share for $10. It was a great meal!

No comments: