Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Perfect Popcorn

A couple weeks ago, I tried Alton Brown's technique for perfect popcorn. Basically, you put some olive oil, popping corn, and salt in a big stainless steel bowl, cover with foil, poke holes in foil, and shake the bowl on a stove burner on medium heat. It takes a few minutes, and when they're all done popping, you top with melted butter. I put a twist on the recipe by tossing in a couple spoons of grated parmesan and presto! The cheapest, best popcorn ever. I bought a bag of Goya popping corn for $0.79 and got 4 huge bowls of popcorn out of it! I'm never going back to packaged microwave popcorn again!

2 comments:

ASLEvans said...

We're doing the microwave method of popping corn. Cheaper, better tasting, and healthier! We use a bit of veggie oil, a shake of salt, maybe a packet of Splenda, and a couple spritzes of butter-flavored spray.

Anonymous said...

Oooh I got to try that