Sunday, November 14, 2004

Dumplings, anyone?

I love dumplings. I'm fascinated by them. Because of that fascination, I decided to make my own dumplings, or rather, pot stickers. I followed Alton Brown's tip of using wonton wrappers to make pot stickers.

It would've helped if the wrappers that I bought were square and not rectangle. I had to fold them in half so they looked like funny little ravioli.

My other problem was the filling. There was a lot of it, since I used a recipe from somewhere else. I had 52 wrappers and had half my filling left by the time I finished using them. After buying more wrappers this morning (ones that were actually square!), I wound up with 96 pot stickers. I'm trying to figure out if I saved any money by making them myself, but I think I'll tell myself that I did, so I don't feel like a tool.

Last night, I cooked some of the pot stickers to "test them." It was 2:00 a.m., but they still tasted good anyways, especially with the dumpling sauce I made to go with them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stumbled across your site. The wife and I love to make pork won-tons. She would eat them exclusively if I let her. Alton Brown was down here in Philly last week and we got to drop in on one of his shows. I think we will stick to our own recipie though.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.