Sunday, November 28, 2004

Turkey weekend

Thanksgiving with my family was nice... with my cousins. My father went out of his way to ignore me. At least I didn't have to make polite conversation with him. I spent a lot of time worrying about Morty and Eli, since I've never left them alone for so long. I worried about ridiculous stuff, like "what if the sitter doesn't show up?" I was so guilty about leaving them for Thanksgiving that I fed them this super gourmet cat food the morning I left. (They were fine though, and happy to see me when I came home)

Ron and Katie's wedding was beautiful and perfect in every way. It made me a little sad too because Josh's family is so anti-wedding, and I was seeing things that I'd never have, mainly the white dress and a big party. It's still far down the road, so maybe things will change. For now, I'll be satisfied with my memory of Ron brushing a tear from Katie's cheek while they stood at the altar together.

Yes, Kristen and I started crying at that point in the ceremony.

No comments: