Sunday, February 12, 2006

What are you doing this weekend?


What's this?

So, what do you do when a huge blizzard sweeps into the tri-state area? Well, for one, I went out on Saturday as it started snowing because I felt I really should do something before the weather made it impossible to do anything. I went to Union Square for a little while, and didn't do anything but pick up a "Strawberries Wild" smoothie at Jamba Juice.

For dinner on Saturday, I went to Les Halles to pick up a chicken sandwich. I wanted to read, and restaurants always turn the lights so low for ambiance during dinner, so it made sense to bring the food home instead. Lo and behold! If you get your sandwich takeout instead of sitting down, you get twice the fries you normally do! I am never sitting down for a chicken sandwich again! Before I decided on Les Halles for dinner, I was considering traveling uptown to Lombardi's. I figured that with the bad weather, there wouldn't be a Saturday night crowd. However, my laziness won out and I didn't have the best pizza ever.

Today was the day of the highly anticipated Grey's Anatomy episode. Since I had to wait all day and night to see it, I filled my time with doing my proofreading homework (I have class tomorrow). Then, when my proofreading homework got too boring, I made whiskey spiked peach iced tea (sans whiskey - well, I don't have any and I don't think I like it. Well, isn't drinking alone sad and indicative of being an alcoholic?). Because making the iced tea wasn't good enough, I made a blueberry coffee cake with vanilla glaze. If you work with me, you will have some of this cake tomorrow. I did tromp outside to buy the blueberries and milk for this cake - boy was that fun!

Anyways, that Grey's Anatomy episode was the best episode EVER! Dr. McDreamy is so dreamy. ::sigh::

No comments: