Saturday, February 25, 2006

Cube bitch

This past Thursday, I did a favor for K at work. Apparently, her contracts intern wanted to learn more about production. Actually, I wondered why someone with his TV/movie production background would choose to be a contracts intern instead of a production intern.

I didn't think it'd be a good idea to have the contracts intern hovering around me in my cubicle for an hour, especially since a manager in my department wanted an intern, but HR wouldn't give her one. Plus, I'm much too inexperienced of an employee to warrant some intern from ANOTHER dept. following me around.

So, the impromptu production seminar took place in the contract intern's area. He sat in an open area where about half a dozen people had their desks. While I was talking with him for 15 minutes, the girl sitting at the next desk over kept staring/glaring at me. Was I bothering her? I wasn't talking loud, so maybe she was interested in production, being secretly unsatisfied with contracts.

Well, I don't think my production lecture was that inspiring (although in my opinion, it doesn't take that much to be more interesting than contracts, or "Ks" as us law students called 'em), so I'll just say that the contracts girl was a bitch.

No comments: