Monday, February 05, 2007

Superbowl par-tay

The party went well, for one that was planned just a day in advance. On Saturday night, I made chocolate chip cookies and Josh made the dry rub and put it on the ribs for overnight resting. The next day, I made the stuffed mushrooms and turkey lasagna. There wasn't too much food left over, so I think I'm getting better at figuring how much food to make for parties.

In addition to the standard chips and salsa, I made what I call sweet Chex mix, but I find that people from the south call it "trash" instead. Whatever you call it, the stuff is dangerously addictive. Josh always tells me that I'm not allowed to make it, but when I do, he's the one with the hand in the mix. I confronted him about it and he said, "I tell you not to make it because it's addictive! Chocolate? Peanut butter? Powdered sugar? All of those things are good! I can't stop eating it!"

No comments: