Friday, August 26, 2005

Cruise Post #5: Cribs

Let me tell you about our cabin for the cruise. Josh and I wanted an interior cabin since windows are useless and balconies are expensive. We wound up with a balcony cabin because there were no interiors left. This goes to show that you should book your cruise vacation early so you can get what you want and not wind up spending extra money.

It turns out that the air conditioning in our cabin wasn't working very well. I paged our steward twice the first day and never got a response. I wound up calling the room service number and they supposedly put in a service request for me. Mama's Boy said that their room was frigid (screw you, MB!), but sadly, our air conditioning worsened as the week went on.

On the morning of the second day, I discovered that our toilet wasn't working. That sure is the first thing you want to find out right after your morning bathroom visit! Fortunately, it only took Carnival most of the morning to fix the toilet.

Another time, Josh and I were going back to our cabin and found that we could only open the door about an inch because it kept banging into something. It turns out that the closet door had come off its track and was strategically blocking the cabin door. I had to wiggle my fingers around and push the closet door back so we could squeeze in.

Does anyone still want to go on Carnival?

No comments: