Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Do the doo

This morning, I went to my company's annual employee presentation held in a theater in Times Square. While walking there from the subway station, I realized that Mountain Dew was doing a promotion for their diet version. I got a free can of Diet Mountain Dew, which I later gave to Josh (I told him I got it for free from a stranger, and he wanted to verify that the can wasn't from a crazy stranger).

They had set up a snow covered slope in the middle of Times Square. I presumed they were going to have some snowboarding like in their commercials.

A police horse on duty (ha ha, doody) by the Mountain Dew people decided to take part in the promotion as well. It promptly lifted its tail and pooped, creating its own mountain doo. It did not bode well for the group of Mountain Dew rabble rousers marching down the street in direct line of the horse's mountain doo.

I didn't stay to watch because I'm a dedicated employee. I'm so dedicated that the president of the company shook my hand when I walked in and during the handshake, I was thinking, Who the hell is this woman and why is she shaking my hand?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you had consumed that can of Diet Mountain Dew yourself, you would have found it to taste terrible (I liked the old stuff). They need to ReDew the Diet Dew to its original formula.

Anonymous said...

eeek - did SPK burn you with her laser eyes?? she's scary!