Friday, January 14, 2005

S.A.D. - School Affected Disorder

And so ends my first week of second semester. I'm sure the cruddy weather didn't help the way I perceived the whole experience. There's no giddy feeling of newness. I definitely do not like law school.

Last night, I found a job online that I would have been perfect for and made a good deal of money. I was so tempted to send my resume, considering it's just been revamped for this upcoming career symposium. Josh said it would be best if I didn't send it in because I wouldn't be able to stop thinking about it if the company wanted to hire me.

So here I am, trying to apply for different employers for this symposium at NYU. The website doesn't even work half the time because their server can't handle the traffic.

Law is not glamorous.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEP! EEP! Hi Dora! Shit, you're stuck doing the Law thing too? I feel your pain. I'm serious. My property book just fell on me.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there... it gets better. I swear. I'm a 2L and all last year I was more miserable than I even knew it was possible to be. This year: 1000 times better. Getting out of Legal Reseach and Writing frees up, like, 40 hours a week. I get 7-8 hours of sleep most nights. I have time to watch the occasional TV show. And word on the street is that 3rd year is even better...

Dora said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I know I'll be in law school for at least the rest of this semester and if it was even worse than last semester, maybe I'll have to reevaluate my plans.