Monday, January 31, 2005

I don't think so

I had 9:00 Contracts this morning. I like to get to class a few minutes early so I can settle down and collect my thoughts. That was my attitude last semester.

At the start of this semester, I have to get to Contracts because the Über Estrogen Brigade wanted to take over the entire row. Maybe it shows a strong front from the lesbian members of the class?

This morning, I was sitting in my seat, arranging my books and highlighter when I was confronted regarding the seat, which I was assigned to for the entire year.

PROUD LESBIAN LAW STUDENT
I think that's my seat.

DORA
No. I've been sitting here since last semester.

PROUD LESBIAN LAW STUDENT
I'm telling you that on the professor's seating chart, my name is on this seat.

DORA
I don't think so. I've been called on by him a few times last semester from this seat.

PROUD LESBIAN LAW STUDENT
I put my name on that seat on the first day of class this semester.

DORA
He didn't pass out a seating chart at all this semester.

PROUD LESBIAN LAW STUDENT
He didn't? Oh.

After class ended...

PROUD LESBIAN LAW STUDENT
Hey, sorry about that before. I didn't mean to be confrontational.

Well, maybe you're a confrontational person who believes she should be in law school because the fiery blood of a potential lawyer is pumping through her veins!

FYI: I have nothing against lesbians or gays, etc. I find it difficult to distinguish each of my classmates and that's how I tell her apart. Go lesbians!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A side question. What classes do you have this semester/did you have last semester? I'm curious...I had contracts last semester...
I'm still amused by the fact that you're going to NYLS. I had applied there. Were it not for a few factors, you might have been stuck with me in your classes (So the next question is, where would you transfer ;) )

Dora said...

This semester I'm taking Contracts II (they split it between two semesters here), Property, Criminal Law, Legal Research, and Written and Oral Advocacy.