Monday, January 03, 2005

Got your nose

Happy new year everyone!

After all that discussion about what Josh and I were planning on doing for New Year's Eve, it turns out the simplest decision was the best one. We had to choose between going to a fancy party that required formal dress and $150 admission per person at some club or a home cooked meal with less people.

Of course, I was leaning towards staying at home because the idea of spending $150 per person for six hours of entertainment seemed rather exorbitant. The clincher was the fact that there was no guaranteed seating! If I'm paying $150 for six hours, I'd better get my own couch and server kissing my butt! Instead, you'd be standing around trying to figure out how to eat and hold your drink while around 700 people around you are trying to figure out the same exact thing.

In the end, we wound up staying in and Joe came up to visit. We had a great time, but then I wound up with the flu halfway through the evening. It just started suddenly. One moment, my throat wasn't sore, and then the next, it was! At first, I thought that I'd spontaneously developed an allergy to my cats (That is my greatest fear). On New Year's Day, we went out to brunch in SoHo at Zoƫ. It was excellent and I had the banana stuffed brioche french toast.

I've never had the flu so bad. Actually, I think I get it every year. I filled up a garbage can with my tissues. The cats think it's fun to reach into the garbage can and touch them. I think I'm feeling a lot better now after two days of sleeping. The kitties were happy to have someone to nap with them.

I guess my point is: It's a good thing I didn't decide to go to that party because I would have been extra miserable after paying all that money only to be sick.

No comments: