Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Various vermin

This past Sunday, Josh and I attempted to see Star Wars. I tend not to see movies during their first weekend out, and this rule would apply even more to Star Wars. Of course, all of the digital showings were sold out, so we woke up early for nothing.

Since we hadn't had breakfast, we went to Cosi's to grab an early lunch. Josh got a sandwich while I got a Greek salad. When I looked at my fourth forkful of salad, I noticed that I had speared a bug.

Gross.

This wasn't a teeny, tiny bug, but at least it wasn't humongous. I went to the salad bar with my fork and bug and showed it to the girl, who quickly asked if I'd like to see the manager. Of course, I said yes, and when the manager came out, he apologized. He asked if I wanted another salad and I declined, saying that I'd lost my appetite. He offered to refund my meal, so I went to get my receipt. I noticed that Josh had stopped eating his sandwich, so I asked for it to be refunded as well, which was no problem. After all was said and done, Josh had half a sandwich, an iced tea, and I had been grossed out for free.

Last night, we were coming back from Chinatown and were waiting for a subway in the smelliest station I've ever been in. I think there was a rat carcass somewhere on the track. Just as I stated that possibility, I saw a huge rat on the track and it was not alone. All together, I saws three rats walking around the tracks.

The salad bug was grosser though. I won't be able to eat salad without inspecting each bite for a very long time.

No comments: