Monday, December 26, 2005

Christmas for one

Since there aren't any grand Christmas traditions in my family, we didn't do a big get-together this year. We all just saw each other during Thanksgiving (both sides of the family), so it's not a big deal. Today, I could've gone to Brooklyn to partake in lunch at my cousins' house, but with my lingering cold, I didn't feel like making the trip out there. I slept in with a kitty (Eli) snuggled behind my knees and then went to the movies.

Yes, I went to the movies by myself, although I wasn't alone. I'd never seen the movie theater so packed before. Thankfully most people were wasting their money on King Kong. I finally got to see Memoirs of a Geisha, which was quite good, visually stunning, in fact. I didn't think much of the book, and didn't finish it. After that, I went to dinner by myself. Then it was on to the laundry, folding that laundry while watching TV, and packing for my trip to PA.

In short a great Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But the book is soooo good!!! Give it another chance!!! I want to see the movie so much but *someone* is dragging his feet a little. I hope it lives up to the book in my mind as well. Glad you had a good Christmas!