Friday, December 09, 2005

Snow + Work















I remember the days before living in New York City.

When I was at Rutgers, they cancelled classes at the sight of a fluffy snowflake. When I was in high school, we could always count on a two-hour delay for extra sleep.

New York Law School never closed for the weather, be it flooding the subway stations or streets. However, they did close for every Jewish holiday and the Republican National Convention (for 3 days!). Then again, the administration did care more about keeping their professors (to keep the school semi-reputable), who were mostly Jewish and mostly Democrats, happy. Why does being a Democrat matter for closing the school during the RNC? Why, the better to protest, my dear!

I guess it's only appropriate that I still have to go to work on time this morning. At least with my current job, there is unlikely to be a repeat of the disastrous phone-chain of 2004.

I definitely DON'T miss the white knuckled driving on snow covered backroads of Jackson, NJ.

No comments: