Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Stick that strike up your you-know-what

Since the TWU decided to strike starting yesterday. That means that I've walked to and from work since then, which is a bit longer than 2.5 miles. 2.5 miles isn't that long, but when it's freezing cold and windy, it quickly starts to feel a lot longer.

Even better, I've gotten sick from all the walking. I was so miserable at work today, staying later and later thanks to the ineptness of the operations department. My purchase orders didn't come through when they were supposed to, so one of my bosses kept telling me to go home, but if I didn't finish the POs, I would've had to come in the next day. I figured I'd feel better if I took a whole day off rather than leaving a couple hours early, so I stuck it out.

I told my boss, "Assume that I'm not going to be here tomorrow. If I'm well, I'll come in."

He told me not to come in even if I am well. Woohoo! Day off!

No comments: