Thursday, February 03, 2005

Calm before the storm

Towards the end of this week, I've been hit by a windfall of luck. I actually scored an interview at the NYU Public Interest Symposium. Granted, the position wasn't my first choice, but if I get the job, I'm sure to learn a lot. I have to buy a suit now (there goes my tax refund money for careless spending), but luckily, NYC has no sales tax on clothing and shoes until Sunday! Mama needs a new pair of shoes! Seriously, I do... my sneakers are wearing through and scraping the skin at the back of my foot.

I went to that meeting I've been dreading with my writing professor who handed back my assignment. Surprisingly, I didn't get the crappy grade I'd been expecting considering the way I'd bungled the assignment.

Yesterday afternoon, Josh and I went to Blue Water Grill for Restaurant Week. I think we'll make it a point to participate in Restaurant Week whenever it happens. I had raw oysters for the first time... but in style! Josh got the oyster tasting and he let me have the green apple mignonette oyster and I thought it was awesome - not fishy at all and tasted very fresh. We received a surprise at the end of the meal: two gift cards worth $20.12 each towards our next lunch during February! Our lunches that day cost $20.12 each and the restaurant was giving the money back to us (granted, to spend at their restaurant again and pay more anyways, but it's my favorite). What a good gimmick to encourage diners to return, not that I need much incentive.

One bad thing this morning: I squashed the kitties in bed so badly that they made funny noises that I'd never heard before.

No comments: