Friday, March 11, 2005

Hungry much?

Since last Saturday, I've been on a culinary kick.

For Saturday, I made Prime Rib-eye Steaks with Mustard-Parmesan Crust. That night, I baked a Blueberry Coffee Cake from a Magnolia recipe for my study buddy as a pseudo-bribe/birthday gift.

On Monday, I made Chicken Milanese. It was so crispy and delicious that Josh ate all of the would-be leftovers. I was warning him repeatedly not to eat the chicken based on the fact that it was just sitting there. We once had an ugly incident with my pesto chicken.

On Wednesday, I made an Apple Cake with Cinnamon Sugar Topping (another Magnolia recipe). I accidentally used twice the amount of cinnamon-sugar I was supposed to, but my study buddy said I should keep "my" version of the apple cake that way.

Future plans? On Friday, I plan to make a key lime pie, using a hybrid recipe of Barefoot Contessa and Magnolia. That's a real birthday gift for study buddy, a human vacuum for my various baked goods. I think it's a fair trade: baked goods for time to monopolize his two dogs. For dinner, I will be making Pork Tenderloin with Roasted Apples and Onions.

Right, I should be studying for my property midterm instead of planning my menu.

No comments: